for businesses seeking commercial loans
This service is for business owners and entrepreneurs working with commercial lenders. The SBDC at UW-Whitewater will provide an opinion on the feasibility of the business plan and financial projections provided by the business owner in order to assist the lender with reaching a decision about loan eligibility.
This is a free service of the SBDC. It must be requested by the lender with the permission and cooperation of the business owner seeking the loan. Please call 262-472-3217 for more information.
NOTE: If you are an entrepreneur who wants to assess the feasibility of a startup business idea, see our First Step Online program.
When evaluating business loan applications, lenders consider one key question: Will the business achieve financial success?
Why request a feasibility study?
- To receive conservative, realistic financial projections.
- To gain a customized analysis of industry trends, target markets, net present value of the business, and projections that include fixed operating expenses, income and cash flow, balance sheets, financial ratios and more.
- To have projections compared to Risk Management Association data including ratio benchmarks, industry default probabilities and cash flow measures.
- To utilize a free service. Studies have been provided as a free resource to commercial lenders since 2007.
- To save time. Reports are typically completed in one to two weeks.
A sample report is available by request.
Financial performance determines the business owner's ability to repay loans.
Feasibility Studies enable lenders and borrowers to make well-informed decisions.
To discuss the features of the Feasibility Study, the research process employed, and/or SBDC qualifications and expertise, please contact the Wisconsin SBDC at UW-Whitewater by phone 262-472-3217 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.