Test Your Business Idea | Improve Your Business Model
Create value through customer focus
This is a comprehensive combination of courses, individual coaching and business plan development that is designed to help entrepreneurs develop business skills and attract financing. This program is available for start-up ventures or business expansion.
In this program, you will use the Business Model Canvas to identify your customers and determine their needs. You will analyze that information and incorporate it into a feasible business plan.
Entrepreneurial Training Program, you will:
- Put your business idea to the test.
- Build a plan that will attract investment.
- Explore real-world possibilities.
- Reduce costly trial and error and increase your chances of success.
- Get answers to your tough questions from our experienced facilitators and instructors.
- Use case studies, activities and readings to learn how others like you succeeded.
The goal is for you to complete a business plan for your business start-up or expansion so you can obtain financing and have a plan to help guide your success. Your business must be a start-up or have less than 50 employees to apply. For your application to be accepted, you will need to have: the capability to write a business plan, a feasible business idea, relevant experience/training and financial ability to start your proposed business.
The Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) is supporting this series through an Entrepreneurial Training Grant program. To take advantage of the WEDC grant reimbursement, participants must apply through the SBDC prior to starting the coursework. Do not register for the classes on your own. If accepted, we will provide you with the registration information.
- Orientation meeting
- BizSmart Training for Entrepreneurs (click to see full program details and dates)
- Individual coaching and small group meetings to help you through the business planning process
- Completion of a written business plan
Call the SBDC at 608/263-7680 for more information