Test Your Business Idea | Improve Your Business Model
Are you ready to launch a business? Do you need financing to grow your company? Need help writing a business plan? Want to make your business run more smoothly? You've come to the right place!
The Entrepreneurial Training Program (ETP) offered by the Wisconsin Small Business Development Center at UW campuses statewide provides the tools you need for business idea testing and business model improvement. Through instruction, guest speakers and coaching, the course serves those who are considering starting a business, owners of existing businesses, and those with successful companies that they want to grow.
ETP shows you how to:
- Answer the question – “Who will buy my product or service?”
- Appeal to your target market
- Quickly develop a lender-ready business plan
- Guide business operations
- Create realistic financials
Who should attend?
- Entrepreneurs who need to write a business plan
- Startups needing to learn the fundamentals
- Existing businesses who want to use Lean to expand
Benefits and learning outcomes:
- Create a business plan document
- Understand business canvas techniques
- Familiarize yourself with financials for operating
The Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation is offering qualified applicants Entrepreneurial Training Grants that cover 75% of the course fee, reducing your cost to $250 when you meet attendance requirements, complete a business plan by six months after start of course and participate in at least one hour of no-cost business consulting with the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at UW-Milwaukee.
Application for the grant must be completed for consideration, and can be found here: Click here to apply for the ETP grant.
Space in the Entrepreneurial Training Program is limited and will be filled on a first-come/first-served basis. Registration deadline is 10 days prior to start of session.
If you need any assistance in completing the application or have any questions about the Entrepreneurial Training Program, please feel free to call or email program manager Jason Mueller for more details:
First Steps to Starting a Business, basic Microsoft Office skills in Word and Excel