The SBDC at UW-Parkside provides multiple workshops and events throughout the year for business owners and entrepreneurs. Click on the workshop name to learn more or register online.
Introduction to International Trade
The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) located at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside is proud to announce our new Introduction to International Trade workshop in partnership with Shirley Malski and The O Co-Working Space.
Key Program Topics:
- Why bother with international trade?
- Introduction to international trade
- Shipping challenges
- Compliance concerns
- Cash flow & tax strategies
- Market assessments
- Export grand & trade financing supplements
- International trade resources
When: January 17th | 9-11am
Where: The O Co-Working Space
5823 6th Ave, Kenosha, WI
Entrepreneurial Training Program
The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) located at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside is proud to announce our new Entrepreneurial Training Program (ETP). ETP is an intensive six-month process to help qualified applicants wanting to start a business or grow an existing business, and who want to write a high-quality business plan suitable for presentation to a bank. This is a grant-based program presented in cooperation with Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation WEDC to qualified applicants.
Key Program Features:
- Face-to-Face classes
- Individual Business Planning Consulting outside of class time
- Networking with other Entrepreneurs
- Guest Speakers from the Community Including:
- Huntington Bank
- Community State Bank
- CenTrust Bank
- SBDC Successful Clients
- Bank Ready Business Plan Upon Completion
Is ETP right for you?
- For more information or to apply for the program please call our Program Assistant Tessa at (262)595-3362. She will go through a list of questions with you to help evaluate whether or not the program will be a good fit.
- Once the questionnaire is completed you will be contacted by our Business Consultant Mary Fischer-Tracy who will talk to you about your business and whether or not you will be accepted to the program.
Program Start: February 4th, 2019
Can't make this session? Don't worry! We will be having a second session of ETP in the spring!
First Steps In Starting Your Own Business Workshops:
Do you have what it takes to be an entreprneuer? "First Steps in Starting Your Own Business" is a quarterly workshop, held on the first Tuesday of the month and is open to the public.The class is a colaberative effort by Racine County Workforce Solutions and the Kenosha Area Business Alliance. The two-hour workshop focuses on questions entrepreneurs may face when taking the leap. Some topics include: business plan development, market feasibility, financial and lender resources. and Small Business Administration (SBA) Resources. Cost: $10.
February 5th 2019
Tuesday - Kenosha First Steps
For more information please call (262) 595-3362 or visit www.parksidesbdc.com. Funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact Wisconsin Small Business Development Center at UW-Parkside, 900 Wood Road Kenosha, WI 53144.